I say that sarcastically because it was actually a roller coaster of a day yesterday.
Saturday afternoon- contractions start, theses are the strong that regular Braxton Hicks, but not super uncomfortable. They progressively get stronger but I decided to try and go to bed...I was really tired.
Sunday morning- I send my family to church without me, I'm at home contracting again. Now I'm really having to breath through them, they are really strong and really uncomfortable. Family gets home, we go for a walk to return a RedBox movie we didn't even get a chance to watch on Saturday because of these dumb contractions.
Sunday afternoon- Owen and I go for another walk. My back hurts so bad, walking seems to be the only thing that helps it feel better. We get home and contractions are 2-3 minutes apart and now REALLY hurt.
Sunday night- I was hesitant to go to the hospital, I know I don't dilate very fast and didn't want to get sent home but my back pain was now close to unbearable so Owen takes me in. Mom gives Sarah dinner and puts her to bed.
Later that night- Nurse checks me...1+ cm...you've got to be kidding me! They watch me for an hour...1 1/2 cm...so a little bit is better that nothing but I know there is no way they aren't going to let me stay. My Dr. says to walk the halls for an hour...2+...some progression but not enough. If I had been 39 weeks they would have kept me and started things going with Pitocin but I'm still 38 and days so not close enough. Now I am in a TON of pain, my tailbone feels like it's broken, and I am just miserable. My Dr. orders a morphine shot and wants me to go home and sleep.
Really late that night- Man I love morphine! My back pain was gone, contractions had slowed and Owen wheeled me out to the car...walking was out of the question. He gets me home, helps me climb into bed and I didn't move until morning. I love waking up in the same position that I fell asleep in, a mark of a truly good night's sleep.
This morning- Back is achy, still lots of pressure from the baby, but contractions haven't kicked back in...At least I know this baby is coming Thursday morning for sure! I think I can hold out till then if she doesn't come sooner!
Lainey starts a new semester
9 months ago

3 comments:
Oh dear. Sounds like you have a posterior baby in there! I know the feeling of the constant (ineffective) contracting & the back pain -- oh the back pain! All of my babies have been posterior and let's just say, I feel for you, mama.
Lunges might help baby C. turn and take some of the pressure of your sacrum & lower back. In short, the lunges will help widen one side of the pelvis, allowing a posterior baby a bit more room to turn into an anterior position (read: more comfortable for mama) position.
Also, spending some time on your hands and knees or lounging about, draped over a birthing ball for support (a couch arm works well too1) can really help. Basically, gravity will help baby's back rotate into the anterior position, relieving some of the back labor you are having.
(((Hugs))) to you Stacy! I hope baby C. gets here soon!
Melynda
That is no fun! Hopefully she comes soon!
Hey Girl! Tomorrow's the big day! I'm so excited for you. Cecily is lucky to be coming to such a great mommy. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment