Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sleeping Arrangements


So I realized today that I never blogged about Sarah's new sleeping situation...for those who want the update...

It all started about a month ago...

We wake up one morning to the sound of Sarah knocking at her door. This is an unusual morning sound. Then we put it all together...Sarah has climbed out of her crib! And that was that, she wouldn't stay in it again. We tried and tried but she could climb out of anything, pack n' play, port-a-crib, etc. So we gave in and taught her how to sleep in her "big girl" bed.

It was a huge struggle at first (thanks for your advise Lauren!) but after about a weeks worth of sleeping on the floor, she figured things out. Timing is actually really good for us, Cecily has almost outgrown her baby bassinet and we need to figure out where to put her next, taking her safety into consideration...Sarah loves her to pieces but we don't want Cecily to end up in pieces because Sarah has crawled in bed with her! So we're going to work on that, and find a place to put Cecily...it may be the hallway for a while.

Before Owen and I finally go to bed, Owen peeks at Sarah for one final bed check. He usually reports back that her legs were dangling over the side, so he picks her up, holds her and rocks her for a minute and then tucks her in...I think this is just one of the many sweet and tender ways Owen shows his love for Sarah, so cute.

Sarah is also frequenting her "potty". She'll go in it a few times a week, and usually always when I ask her. I just need to get better about asking her more throughout the day so she'll really catch on. I'm thinking I'll get her some pull up diapers to make things easier, problem is they don't make them in her size, she and Cecily are in the same size diaper, Sarah is just bitty! It does make packing the diaper bag really nice!

Here are some new pictures of the girls...





Thanks for the super cute sweaters Grammy Carolyn! We love them, shopping at H&M and YOU! (We'll have videos of the singing goat as soon as we figure out how to get in on my laptop!)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Goodness, your girls are SO cute!

And I'm so glad the advise helped. Every night as we get ready for bed, we check on Abby and without fail she's off the pillow, perpendicular to the bed, and hanging half her limbs off... and most of the blankets are on the floor. We always have to rearrange her. But I'm things are going well for you!

And no lie. I'm VERY jealous you have an H&M to shop at.

Lauren said...

I meant to say, I'm GLAD things are going well for you!

Also, just a thought, what did you eat when you were nursing Sarah and she had allergies? Ashton is dealing with the same thing with Samuel and we're trying to figure out what she can eat sans wheat, dairy, and eggs. Any thoughts would help!

Carolyn said...

I can't believe your girls wear the same size diapers! That is so cute. Those pictures are darling. I know what you mean about finding your child sleeping in crazy positions...Lainey does it too. :)