My parents took the girls and I out for the day and we had a really nice time. The girls did well, it was a hot day but they were troopers. They had to hang out in the stroller most of the time but Sarah did manage to walk some of it. They loved seeing the horse drawn carts and the people in "dressie up". We would take turns staying outside with them while the other went in and toured the homes and shops. Ok well I got to go in every time, dad stayed with the girls, and pushed the strolled the majority of the time, THANKS DAD!! I now have a season pass so we can go back again to see more!
Sarah doing her spoon trick at lunch in the tavern. She learned this from Yo Gabba Gabba's 'cool tricks'. She's actually really good at it. She practiced all by herself and then showed Grammy and Grampy :) it probably helped that it was a hot day and her nose was sticky!
The girls looking cool in their new shades from Grammy! Thanks Dad and Carolyn for a fantastic trip! We had a lot of fun and loved spending time with you!!These next pictures, I didn't take but shows just how beautiful Williamsburg is. My favorite place was of course the wig shop! The girls loved the stalls and carts that sold replicas of dolls and children's toys. But the absolute highlight of the day was when we ran into some street musicians, 1776 style. The man played a flute/recorder thing and the lady kept the rhythm with wooden spoon looking things. Anyway, they were playing a song as we walked by and I asked Sarah if she wanted to get out and dance. Which she did! But as soon as she realized a crowd was forming around her she got embarrassed and jumped back in the stroller. I then asked Cecily if she wanted to dance and after she saw the attention SG had gotten, she jumped right out, happy to dance for everyone!! I wish I though to take a video of it, when Cecily dances she does this little jig of a step and it worked perfectly with the style music they were playing. People started clapping along and egging her on! And as soon as the song ended she shouted "AGAIN!". Ok, seriously, it was the cutest thing ever! She loved the crowd and SG managed to dig up some courage when she saw her little sister out there and jumped back in again. People kept circling around to see them dance, and looked at me like, aww are those your girls, it made me feel great :) Needless to say, Williamsons love Williamsburg!


0 comments:
Post a Comment